Carmex is a cult favourite. I remember the first time I tried it – I was 14 and visiting my dad’s salon. My lips were so chapped that they were cracking and bleeding (ick! I know). A colleague of my dads, James Mooney, produced a tube of Carmex from his pocket, informing that he bought it in the US. Well, it worked a treat. My lips healed in no time but I was disgusted to find out that Carmex wasn’t available in Ireland at the time.
Well as we know that changed quite some years ago. Since then I always keep a pot in my handbag. I’m not entirely sure why I like the pot so much, I have never purchased the tube.
The one negative thing I have to say about Carmex is that it smells a little off-putting. I have gotten used to the smell. But for those of you who like sweet lip balms here’s something new.
I was sent a sample of Carmex Strawberry the other day and have been testing it for a few days now.
- Contains SPF15. UV protection in a lip product can only be a good thing.
- Smells like strawberry milkshake
- Still has the same menthol tingle which kicks in a few seconds after application. Overall the menthol dominates the strawberry flavour.
- Feels sheerer than my usual pot of Carmex. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I like the thickness of the product in the pot.
- Very moisturising.
- Heals cracked, sore lips
- It doesn’t contains salicylic acid like the original. Major downside to this one. The salicylic acid provides the exfoliation.
- It doesn’t tint the lips
As much as I like the strawberry flavour I don’t think it will replace my love for the original in pot form. The sweet scent of the strawberry is a little much for my nostrils. If you like sweet scents and fruity lipbalms in general then you’ll love this.
Let me know what your favourite lip balm is?
If like this post, please share :)Tweet