Carmex is a cult favourite. I remember the first time I tried it – I was 14 and visiting my dad’s salon. My lips were so chapped that they were cracking and bleeding (ick! I know). A colleague of my dads, James Mooney, produced a tube of Carmex from his pocket, informing that he bought it in the US. Well, it worked a treat. My lips healed in no time but I was disgusted to find out that Carmex wasn’t available in Ireland at the time.
Well as we know that changed quite some years ago. Since then I always keep a pot in my handbag. I’m not entirely sure why I like the pot so much, I have never purchased the tube.
The one negative thing I have to say about Carmex is that it smells a little off-putting. I have gotten used to the smell. But for those of you who like sweet lip balms here’s something new.
I was sent a sample of Carmex Strawberry the other day and have been testing it for a few days now.
- Contains SPF15. UV protection in a lip product can only be a good thing.
- Smells like strawberry milkshake
- Still has the same menthol tingle which kicks in a few seconds after application. Overall the menthol dominates the strawberry flavour.
- Feels sheerer than my usual pot of Carmex. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I like the thickness of the product in the pot.
- Very moisturising.
- Heals cracked, sore lips
- It doesn’t contains salicylic acid like the original. Major downside to this one. The salicylic acid provides the exfoliation.
- It doesn’t tint the lips
As much as I like the strawberry flavour I don’t think it will replace my love for the original in pot form. The sweet scent of the strawberry is a little much for my nostrils. If you like sweet scents and fruity lipbalms in general then you’ll love this.
Let me know what your favourite lip balm is?