I have fallen head over heels for The Balm. Granted up until these two products I have only tried the Nude Tude Palette and the Mary Lou-Manizer (reviews to follow), but the quality of the products is very impressive and the price is great. Hot Mama Blush and Plump Your Pucker Gloss arrived recently from Cloud10Beauty.com. I have been using them both daily for the past month so it was high time for a review.
I know it’s been a while since I posted, tut tut! I thought I’d let you all know I’m back to daily posting :) If you frequent my blog you know I’m a die hard fan of Make Up For Ever products. I get all excited when I hear about their product launches. Next to arrive on our shores is the new HD Blusher, Second Skin Cream Blush. I have heard great reviews from those of you in the US who already has access to them so I can’t wait to try them. (Giveaway below)… What is it? It’s essentially a cream blush with HD technology that melts onto the skin. It gives a natural flush of colour. I find cream blushes can sometimes be a bit gaudy on my skintone so the ‘natural flush’ grabbed my attention. It’s said to be better than cream and powder blush because of its second skin finish. This means you can’t see the texture of the product on the skin, the blush looks like its your own, no trace of makeup. Usually cream products need to be applied before powder but this one can be used under or over powder. Another pro is that its completely lightweight. It doesn’t interfere with the makeup beneath it and is said to hide imperfections whilst lasting all day on the skin. It’s suitable for all skin types, oily skinned girls rejoice! Application These blushes are applied with a brush, HD sponge or fingertips depending on the look you’re going for. Shades There are 16 wide and universal shades to suit all skin tones. Available in 4 levels of skin gradation as well as cool shades and warm shade tones.
- Light Skin (2xx)
- Medium (2xx)
- Tan (4xx)
- Deep (5xx)
- # 220 – Pink Sand (-Cool Shade / Light Skin).
- # 210 – Cool Pink – (Cool Shade/ Light Skin).
- # 215 – Flamingo Pink – (Warm Shade/Light Skin).
- # 225 – Peachy Pink – (Warm Shade/Light Skin).
- # 315 – Peachy Beige – (Warm Shade/Medium Skin).
- # 410 – Coral – (Cool Shade/Tan Skin).
- # 515 – Tangerine – (Warm Shade/Deep Skin).
- # 415 – Light Rust – (Warm Shade/Tan Skin).
- # 335 – Fawn (Warm Shade/Medium Skin).
- # 425 – Brown Copper – (Warm Shade/Tan Skin).
- # 420 – Indian Rosewood – (Cool Shade/Tan Skin).
- # 310 – Rosewood – (Cool Shade/Medium Skin).
- # 320 – English Rose – (Cool Shade/Medium Skin).
- # 330 – Rosy Plum – (Cool Shade/Medium Skin).
- # 510 – Raspberry – (Cool Shade/Deep Skin).
- # 520 – Blackcurrant – (Cool Shade/Deep Skin)
They will cost €27 a piece and arrive in Ireland in two weeks time! I’ll be back with a full review, tutorial and pics of how it looks on when they are released. In the meantime…
Make Up For Ever Dublin have kindly offered me two of the new HD blushes to give away to my readers!
To enter : (1) Comment below with ‘Enter Me’ and (2) share this post (eg.,Twitter, Facebook, blog etc) using the hashtag #HDBlush.
To stay up to date with Make Up For Ever Dublin you can find them on Twitter (@makeup4everdub), Instagram and Facebook (makeupforeverireland).
Ah, blush makes me smile… sigh! Have a great day everyone. I’ll have my next post up tomorrow morning :-)
*Update – Congratulations to Sinead K and Carolina Pelzer. My sister picked the names out of a hat :)
My go-to blusher of choice for the past month has been Benefit Cha Cha Tint. It was high time for a video review.
Have you tried it? What do you think?