Being a beauty product junkie I’m always up to my eyes in nail polishes. I tend to be drawn to the same shades all the time, muted and soft. But on occasion a truly vibrant shade catches my eye. Today I opted for one such polish.
You have probably heard me yapping about my love for Isa Dora cosmetics when I was a teenager. Last year I made a Product Rave video about their blush (posted below). Well now they have a few products lined up for Spring and I have been dabbling. Oh how Amy likes to dabble.
The collection is called Pearls of Passion…
Twist-up Metallic Eye Pencil (€10.95)
This bracelet comes free with any 2 purchases…
Here is my Porduct Rave video on the Glowstick – I also apply it on camera to show you what it looks like.
And a swatch on my arm for shade reference – one needs to be thorough :) …
My thoughts so far:
- Love the nail polish. At first glance I thought it was just another lavender shade but when I saw the reflects I was thrilled. It looks absolutely beautiful on (I’ll swatch it later and post in the morning). If a garden fairy were to choose a nail polish this would be for her.
- The bracelet is completely wearable. In fact, I have worn it twice this week. It’s good quality – not what you expect for a freebie.
- The blush… well, the video speaks for itself. I also included it my Spring favourites video before I knew they were re-promoting it.
- The eyeshadow palette isn’t like the ones I used to collect as a teen. This palette in particular is very shimmery. If you’re into shimmer than you might like. I would also recommend an eye base to avoid fallout. I like the goldy shade the most. I applied it over a paint-pot and it looks beautiful on blue eyes.
Isa Dora is available in pharmacies around Ireland. (My local Unicare stocks the full range).
Any thoughts on Isa Dora?
* I have been updating my Bump & Baby Blog daily if you are bored :)
I have been using Isa Dora’s new mascara Big Bold for the past 3 weeks. I won’t beat around the bush – it’s great.
What I liked most:
- The volume – huge lashes! It’s also buildable.
- Quickness – One coat and out the door. Yes, really. No waiting for layers to dry etc.
- The softness of my lashes – I loathe the feeling of anything plasticy. This mascara left my lashes touchable
- No smudging! Woo hoo!
- The brush – lifts at the roots; I have tried a few mascaras lately that add volume but leave the root flat and uncoated. The brush is made up of long and short brushes which coats your lashes fast and evenly.
- Fragrance free and opthalmologically tested for those of us with annoyingly sensitive eyes.
- The price – €8.95 initially, to celebrate its launch. The normal RRP of €14.95 is fairly decent for this product though.
- Widely available in chemists in Ireland
For this photo I applies only one coat. I tried and tried to get a photo that would show how the mascara at its best but I didn’t succeed.
It reminds me a little of Dior Show. I have recently picked up Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash and although they are completely different types of mascaras, I like both equally. Big Bold is more akin to a high-end product than a drugstore one.
I would definitely repurchase!
What’s your favourite mascara at the moment?