This week I chose Pixie Lott for my favourite celebrity make-up look. It’s fresh, matte and soft, exactly what I want for Winter!
The trick to this look is flawless skin. If I were to recreate this look this is what I would do:
- Use a foundation foundation primer to create a great base
- Do any colour correction necessary (canceling redness etc)
- Apply medium (or medium to full) coverage foundation with a foundation brush to create a flawless finish with good coverage. For a matte look avoid moisturising foundation or any with a glow.
- Concealer under eyes if necessary and cover any blemishes.
- Apply powder with a powder puff, rolling it onto the skin for the best matte effect.
- Apply a light flush of a warm toned fleshy/peachy blush to the cheeks
- Apply a wash of a matte base shade to the inner third of the eye lid and a medium brown to the outer third. Blend into the crease.
- Smudge a matte medium brown shadow right under the eye. Blend away any harsh edges.
- Apply 2 coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes
- Line the bottom water line with white pencil for a wide eyed effect
- Blot on a nude pink lipstick to the lips (eg. MAC Angel) No lip liner or gloss is necessary for this look.
Et Voila! This look is all about the skin.
Who should be my celebrity make-up inspiration next week?