As soon as I heard that Kate Hudson is a fan of Egyptian Magic Skin Cream I had to try it. Besides the fact that I love that woman I would also die to have skin even half as pretty as hers. Sure, she has beauticians and dermatologists at her finger tips. Since that’s not attainable for most of us, I’ll stick to trying out her favourite cream.
Egyptian Magic cream is one one of those all-purpose type products. So far I have used it in the following ways…
- On the dry ends of my hair
- As as night time moisturiser
- After shaving my legs
- On my cuticles
- On sunburn
- On my scars and stretch marks
- As a lip balm
I could also see myself using this on a chapped nose during Winter flu season. I friend of mine swears by it as a great eye cream too. I might have to test that out. I haven’t had the guts to apply it near my acne prone areas yet though.
When I wake up in the morning after using it my skin feels so soft.Other bonuses are that the pot is larger and a little goes a really long way. There are two downsides for me are (1) the packaging and (2) the fact that this is a solid product. It’s hard to get product out without it getting stuck behind my nails. I’ve resorted to using the back of a teaspoon. Of course, a spatula would be ideal. Although the cream is solid in the pot, the heat of your skin melts it into an oil-like consistency. I should point out that although it is an oil, it’s not greasy.
It contains these 100% natural ingredients
- olive oil – moisturise and soften skin with eczema
- bees wax – Anti bacterial emollient, locks in moisture and forms a barrier on the skin
- honey – antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- bee pollen – antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- royal jelly – vitamins A, C, D, E, B5 and B6 and also provides anti-aging functions
- bee propolis – a natural anti-biotic
I’m seriously loving this product! It’s expensive (€44.95) but if it’s good enough for Ms Hudson, Madonna and Emily Blunt, tis good enough for me :)
*Available at Avoca Suffolk St, Rathcoole and Kilmacanogue. In the UK it’s available from Whole Foods.
If like this post, please share :)Tweet