How much Glitter is too much Glitter? I’m not a huge fan of glitter polish. On occasion I embellish a finger as an accent but rarely go full glitter. Until now.
Left to Right: 03 Big Money, 04 Bling-tastic, 02 Cha-Ching, 07 Lady Luck
03 Big Money
07 Lady Luck
- Fast drying
- Long wearing with a top coat
- Matte finish
- Need only two coats
- Doesn’t chip like satin finish polishes. I think this is more to do with the nature of glitter polish.
- Good price
- Full-coverage formula
- Excellent reflectivity
- 8 shades available
- Can be worn matte or topped with a high shine coat.
- 1 coat is useless – that’s pretty normal though
- Chips without a top coat – again, normal with glitter
- Feels gritty – also normal for a glitter finish. A high shine top coat will solve this problem.
- Glitter polish is more difficult to remove than satin polish. If you like glitters this won’t really bother you. I usually opt for soaking the nail instead of scrubbing with the polish remover.
The Bottom Line
I wasn’t sure about these when I first saw the bottles, I’m not a huge fan of glitter. But when I swatched them my heart did a little flutter. My favourite shade is Lady Luck. It didn’t appeal to me in the bottle but looks so pretty on. Would I re-purchase? I would, for the festive season only though – if I was a teen I would wear these every day :) I have a terrible urge to collect them all.
What is it with girls and glitter?!
What do you think? Any shade that stands out to you?