This foundation is award winning; Allure Best of Beauty Editors’ Choice – Best Foundation – October 2009 and In Style Best Beauty Buy – Best Oil-Free Foundation – April 2009.
I had to try it. Had to I tell you! Here’s what I think:
- Good Coverage
- Feels Soft
- It made my skin look flat and lifeless. I can’t stand make-up that makes me look 1 dimensional.
- It transferred to my shirt.
- Poor Range of Shades : There are 11 shades in the range. The make-up Assistant at the Laura Mercier stand had difficulty finding a shade to match my skintone. There is not a wide enough variety of shades.
- Price: Very expensive. A foundation in this price range should be without fault.
- It smells like plasticine
- Dried out my blemish. My make-up looked crusty over the top. Yuck!
- Tricky to apply because of it’s consistency
- The cap doesn’t stay on
Would I buy it again? I think the long list of ‘bads’ above answer that question. I would like to try their foundation for normal skin though.
What do you think?