I have been testing Lush Almond & Coconut Smoothie and thought it was about time I shared my thoughts with you. Here we go…
- It’s not drying on my skin
- It doesn’t cause a kp reaction (the yuck bumps on the backs of my arms) although it didn’t get rid of the bumps when they had flared up
- Suitable for vegans
- The creaminess feels luxurious in the bath
- Can be used to shave cream
- The biggest disappointment for me is the scent. It’s pretty bland. When I saw Almond & Coconut on the label I was so excited but unfortunately they mean it’s made with Almond and Coconut oil (neither of which has much of a scent). In fairness it does say on the packaging that it makes your skin smell like vanilla and ylang ylang. To be honest it smells a little weird to me but some people love it.
- Doesn’t leave any scent on my skin, this time that was a good thing
- Although it didn’t dry out my skin it wasn’t any softer than usual.
- If your a fan of lathering then this one might not be for you.
- Although this is a delight to use the bath, it’s a little trickier in the shower. Water got in the tub and more of it plopped on the shower base then on my skin.
This one is definitely a try before you buy. Some of you will love it and some of your will be indifferent. If you have sensitive skin it’s worth a look, smell it first though. Would I get this again? If I didn’t make my own soap then I would.
Have you tried this? Have you come across a shower/bath product that doesn’t irritate your skin?