I remember the days when I used to get excited about MAC’s limited edition collections. Those days are pretty much gone – there is an overload of those collections. I am interested but I’m usually not excited.
The Cham-Pale Collection however has triggered a bit more of a response in me. Maybe it’s the use of the word ‘pale’ and the reference to champagne. MAC neutrals always appeal to me. To many of you this collection may look boring and mundane but neutral addicts are likely to feel a little different.
Here is a little look at Cham-Pale
- Flustered Frosted, pale bronze (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Quiet, Please Sheer frosty pale beige (Lustre) (Limited Edition)- Repromote from Red She Said
- Tanarama Soft pale golden beige with gold metallic shimmer (Frost) (Permanent)
- Gel Sheer pale gold (Frost) (Permanent)
Special Reserve Highlight Powder
- Chez Chez Lame Soft gold with silver shimmer (Limited Edition)
- Rose Ole Soft pink with gold shimmer (Limited Edition)
- I Get No Kick Metallic nude (Limited Edition) – Repromote
- Feline Black (Limited Edition) – Repromote
- NC15/NW20 Flesh tone NC15/NW20 shade (Permanent PRO)
- NW25/NC30 Flesh tone NW25/NC30 shade (Permanent PRO)
- Bubble Lounge Sparkly pink peach (Limited Edition)
- Straight to the Head Sparkly brown bronze (Limited Edition)
- Sin-tillation Sparkly pale icy pink (Limited Edition)
- Luxure Off-white with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
- Soiree Sparkly light bronze gold (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Very Important Platinum Mid-tone platinum (Frost/Metallic) (Limited Edition)
Caviar Dreams Eyeshadow Quad (Limited Edition)
- Brule Soft muted creamy beige (Satin) (Permanent)
- Et Tu, Bouquet? Frosted pale pink gold (Frost) (Repromote from A Rose Romance, ’09)
- Caviar Dreams Mid-tone frosted pewter (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Retrospeck Beached blonde (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Chilled on Ice Frosted white gold (Limited Edition)
- Vintage Selection Frosted mid-tone peach (Limited Edition)
- Dangerous Cuvee Frosted cool grey (Limited Edition)
- Let Me Pop Frosted light copper (Limited Edition)
Some other limited edition products
- Fix+ Lavender
- Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 Lavender in Calm Mode Light neutral beige
- Lip Conditioner SPF 15 Lavender
- Studio Fix Lash in Black Fix (Permanent)
I’m not a fan of the collection photography on this occasion. The lack of eyebrows is rather disturbing, even if it’s cool.
I like the simplicity and the sheer volume of nudes and neutrals. I hate to say it, but I’ll be making some purchases from this collection. I even enjoy looking at the pictures… that’s a bad sign.
The collection launches in the US on the 26th of December and in January in Europe. I’m annoyed that I will miss the US launch by 4 days! Maybe I’ll get snowed in :)
What are your thoughts on Cham-Pale? Do any products stand out to you?