I am often asked about what make-up to buy if you’re on a tight budget. I get asked this question so often from Irish ladies that I decided to dedicate a blog post to it.
Let me start by saying that I don’t think there is any one great drugstore brand. I tend to pick and choose from each brand. After much testing (haha) I have decided that each brand has their strengths and weaknesses; for example Natural Collection make great lipsticks but poor eye-shadows. Revlon is my overall favourite drugstore/pharmacy make-up brand. However, it is more expensive in Ireland (colourstay costs €17! Add a few euro to that and you could buy yourself a high end foundation)
- Concealer: Essence Trio, Maybelline
- Nail Polish: Essence, Rimmel
- Powder: Rimmel Silky Loose Powder
- Lipgloss: Essence, Bourjois 3D
- Foundation: Revlon, Boots 17, Rimmel, Max Factor
- Blush: Collection 2000
- Mascara: Collection 2000 (purple tube) if you’re after Dior Show but can’t afford it. Maybelline Lash Stilleto is my favourite.
- Lip Liner: Natural Collection
- Eyebrow Pencil: Rimmel
- Eye liner: Loreal
- Highlight: Prestige Sun Baked Bronzer
- Bronzer: Prestige Sun Baked Bronzer , Barry M, Rimmel, Natural Collection
- Eye-shadows: Ok this is the one area I recommending spending a little more. I am happy to buy cheaper brands for most make-up items, but not eyeshadow. The reason for this is that they tend not to be very pigmented or long lasting. I do love Barry M Dazzledusts though.
What are your favourite drugstore items?