It has been years since I bought a Max Factor Foundation. In fact it’s been years since I bought anything by Max Factor. On my quest for the best drugstore foundation I decided to show Mr Factor some love :)
I bought mine in Natural Bronze (109 I think). I wore it for 5 days in a row as a little road test. I applied a small amount every morning with my fingers. The results?
I like it!
- The consistency is lovely. Not oily, not thick, viscous and very blendable.
- It is easy to build. It’s not as thick as Revlon Colourstay. You can have one thin layer or build for the coverage you want. I found one layer was fine for my whole face, with a second layer applied to my chin.
- The colour was very natural and looked great in natural light.
- It doesn’t rub off on my phone!
- The bottle will last ages, a little goes a long way
- Suitable for combination
- No make-up marks on my clothes
- It’s inexpensive
- The only slightly negative thing is the small matter of the scent. It is not a vile smell, but it isn’t enticing either.
I really like this foundation. It;s by no means ground breaking but it does exactly what it says on the tin…Phrase stolen from the Ronseal add for those of you who are unfamiliar :)