As you can imagine I try and buy quite a lot of beauty products. Ok, understatement of the century. I have my favourites but whilst organising my products into my new IKEA Alex storage (more on this later) the other day I wondered which product I use most. It was actually pretty easy, it has to be the Prevention+ Daily Hydrating Moisturizer from Image Skincare. I use it come rain, hail or shine. There are plenty of products out there that contain spf but this is the best I have come across, by a long shot. Instead of waffling about my undying love I will attempt to be more concise, for a change.
- Contains broadspectrum UVA/UVB Sun Protection (its available in SPF30 and SPF50)
- Moisturses extremely well
- Doesn’t make me oily
- Works well as a makeup base. Usually my base slides off an spf
- Doesn’t clog my pores
- Suitable for sensitive skin, roasacea and dry skin – I’m dry and a little oily and it works perfectly with both but they do sell a matte version for very oily skins
- It’s water resitant
- Paraben free
- Contains zinc oxide which creates an actual physical barrier
- Absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave a residueThat’s only where it starts for me. This guy has anti-ageing ingredients. It not only improves hydration and protects from free radical damage but also contains a large spectrum potent antioxidant and an oil-soluble stable form of Vitmain C. Because its from Image Skincare I trust that the right amount of ingreidents are in there to actrually work and that it comes in a form that can actually penetrate the skin. I have learned over the years that skincare brands make huge claims based on the fact their products contain certain ingredients but fail to mention that the ingredients cannot be absorbed by the skin effectively. They also sell a Daily Tinted Moisturiser version which is brilliant for those looking for dual products. It doesn’t have a lot of coverage being a tinted moistuser but it evens out the skintone. On good skin days I apply some after I cleanse, then I just use concealer if I need a bit on my chin. It leaves your skin looking fresh and natural. I have the oil free version since I’m prone to spottiness, ugh. I like! It shall be coming on holiday with me for sure. Their Prevention + Ultra Sheer Spray is lovely to. As the name implies, it’s light and non greasy. I mainly use this on my body but I’ve applied it to my face on occasion and have had no breakouts.
- €39.50 from salons – see Renaissance Skincare for stockists
- Tinted Moisturiser €41.50
- Ultra Sheer Spray €36
I cannot recommend the moisturizer enough. I will always have it. Get it if you want to stay looking young, seriously.