One of my lovely subscribers recently asked me to recommend some good matte shadows. I decided to dedicate a post to matte shadows since they are often left out.
Matte shadows are an integral part of your makeup collection. I like to incorporate a matte shade into each look as to many shimmery, sheeny shadows can look a bit much together.
My favourites are:
- MAC Embark; Intense reddish brown
- MAC Wedge; Soft muted golden beige
- MAC Swiss Chocolate; Mutted reddish brown
- MAC Omega ; Soft Muted beige taupe
- MAC Charcoal Brown; Mutted taupe brown
Here are some neutral palettes that I have in my collection and are well loved.
- Face 2 Neutral Palette (www.face2.ie) Professional quality. They are amongst the most pigmented shadows I have ever tried.
- Coastal Scents Neutral Palette is also fantastic (cheaper alternative to the Face 2 palette, not the same quality but still good)
I also really like Revlon Matte shadows, they are great quality!