I have had Maybelline Mineral liquid foundation for a while now. I gave it a try this week. Here are my thoughts (deep as always hee hee):
- SPF 15
- Creamy but light texture
- Fresh glowy effect on skin after it is applied
- Easy to blend and apply; fingers, damp sponge, foundation brush
- Pump bottle. No mess what so ever.
- Cheap and often on special offer
- Very accessible. Stocked in chemists, boots & some supermarkets
- Colour looked natural on me
- Light to medium coverage. It’s also quite buildable. But at most you’re going to get a lighter side of medium coverage.
- Can be easily mixed with your moisturiser for even lighter coverage for Summer
- Good for dry skin
- Still needed a little bit of concealer but then again I do with most ‘drugstore’ foundations
- Glass bottle makes it too heavy for my handbag. Not a hope in hell it’s fitting in my clutch
- Needed powdering on my skin
- Not very long lasting on me. Lasted about 4-5 hours before I needed to touch up. I only reapplied to my chin though. I bet this wouldn’t last an hour on oily skin!
- Limited colour range
- Not for those who need medium to full coverage
- It may photograph a little funny due to the SPF
- The marketing spiel: Minerals, sounds healthy right? Wrong. It’s full of all the usual chemicals and preservatives.
If you have dry skin and you’re looking for an affordable product it’s worth a try. If you have oily skin you’ll probably want to stay away from this product, it will make you shine…in all the wrong ways.
What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried the Maybelline mineral powder?