It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Olay. In fact they are the only grocery/drugstore skinvcare brand that I rate at all. I have tried quite a few of their products and found a few favourites. Last year it was their Regenerist Serum this year it’s their 7 Effects Moisturiser & Serum Duo.
I have used the 7 Effects Moistursier Wake Up Wonder in the past and liked it. It was great as a light make-up base. It never left me greasy but I did wonder if it had any other positive effects on my skin. When I heard that they had added the serum I was intrigued. I’ll try just about anything to protect my face these days.
According to the packaging this duo shoud improve fine lines and wrinkles, improve firmness, uneven skintone, texture, minimize pores, whilst dealing with dryness and dullness. All of that and SPF 20 added for good measure.
- Lightweight and easily absorbed
- Affordable at €23.74 (especially when you factor in the spf)
- Widely available
- SPF20 – a necessity, even in this dreary old country
- 2 products in 1 for thos in a hurry or on the lazy side (a la Amy)
- Soft focus pigments – this is my favourite feature, blur those imperfections baby!
- Didn’t interfere with my make-up
- Can’t really find anything to complain about. I suspect that if you had very dry skin this may not be rich enough for you. That being said, this one is designed for day wear, you could use something richer at night.
I like to apply it in the morning after cleansing. If I don’t cleanse my night cream off first thing, any creams of make-up I apply afterwards doesn’t sit right.
This is a great little number for those of you who need a little skin pick-me-up with an spf and need anti-ageing benefits. At that price it’s well worth a try!
Has anybody tried it yet? Thoughts on Olay products?