My skin type is always changing. It used to be combination oily, then sensitive and dry. Recently it has normalised but I still have a tendency to dryness and the odd spot here and there. I’m starting to be concerned about ageing so have been dabbling in different types of products that will hopefully help with dryness and protect my skin from ageing. For the past few weeks I have been trying out Pukka Ayurveda Nourishing Facial Oil.
I have always been a little frightened of using oils on my face for fear of a breakout. The reality is that specially formulated oils can do wonders for all skin types.
According to the blurb on the box the oil is a restorative oil for dry or damaged skin. It’s blended by Ayurvedic practitioner Sebastain Pole and contains active botanicals, rosewater, green tea to refresh and tone skin. It’s also blended with neem and amla to replenish and balance. Sounds impressive. It also claims to balances the skins Ph which is particularly helpful for me this time of year. It’s also said to promote detoxification of the skin.
- Avocado Oil – a rich source in fatty acids, avocado oil moisturises and softens dry, rough skin
- Pomegranate Seed Oil– cell renewal properties promote regeneration in the epidermis and stimulate collagen production
- Evening Primrose Oil– nourishes and smoothes rough, uneven skin and accelerates healing to damaged skin
- Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil– moistens dry, irritated skin & balances sebum production to restore harmony in oily skin
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and soothing for blemished or reddened skin to lighten and brighten.
- Exotic amla fruit – a super-rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants to rejuvenate, repair and refresh whilst protecting skin.
- Gotu Kola– revered Ayurvedic herb increases microcirculation and purifies for a glowing boost of radiance
I applied the oil after cleansing each evening and massaged it in. I always massage in face creams and oils to boost detoxification and my complexion. It works like a little facial. It’s not actually oily when I rub it in which was important to me – I hate feeling oily. My skin looks great in the morning, it’s noticeable softer with no flaky bits. I cleanse my skin in the morning and apply my Image moisturiser with SPF. I have notices that my make-up seems to sit better on my skin lately too.
Who would like it – If you are combination dry, dry or have damaged skin, yes. My skin drinks this stuff in. If you prefer natural oils to chemicals.
Who should pass? If you’re the type of person looking for a product full of state of the art medical grade cosmeceuticals. This for fans of mother natures anti-drying agents. Considering this one is formulated for dryness, pass if you’re oily.
Value for money – A+ for the quality ingredients and the amount of oil you get for your euros. You won’t be repurchasing any time soon. €40.20
Would I repurchase? Yes, for Winter when my skin is dryer and irritated.
Pukka products are available from pharmacies around Ireland.