There are very few downsides to a holiday in the sun. The one negative for me is the hair damage.
The sun, sea water and chlorine from the swimming pool don’t exactly leave your hair looking lustrous. This is the first year that my hair flew home in the same condition it took off in but this is thanks to the 12 week blowdry. It made me realise how horrible my hair usually is after a sun holiday. There are a few things I used to do to help my hair recover.
I highly recommend neem hair oil for dry, damaged, parched hair. I have also tried some Indian hair oils over the years that proved useful. Be careful with hot oils treatments if you have colour treated hair though.
Here is how I use it
- Massage your scalp with your fingers to stimulate blood circulation
- Apply some oil with your fingers and massage well into your scalp
- Comb your fingers through your hair and add some more oil into the ends of the hair if necessary. Use enough to coat all of your hair.
- Wrap your hair up in a warm towel for an hour. You can leave the oil in overnight if you wish.
- Shampoo your hair two or three times and condition as usual.