Everyone and their mother has blogged about Glossy Box’s Natural Box offering. Unfortunately mine arrived only yesterday but her are my thoughts none the less. (You can back order boxes from Glossy Box).
I really like the box itself. It’s 100% biodegradable but mine won’t end up in the recycling bin anyway. I use my boxes to store make-up, products, as drawer organisers… you get the idea.
Needless to say, all of the products are natural and ethically sourced in this box.
Figs & Rouge Lip Balm: I love this already. My sister once brought me back a lip balm from a market in Greece and I used it everyday until I hit metal. This reminds me of it. It’s 100% organic and it’s also multifunctional; lips, cuticles, heel rubbing, dry skin patches… all the usuals.
Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Eyeliner: I love eyeliners and always have a few on the go at the same time. I haven’t had a very good experience with organic eyeliners so far so I was surprised to like this one. I was also delighted that I received a sapphire shade rather than plain old black.
Philip B Drop Dead Straightening Balm: Silicone-free and non greasy. This tube is a good size considering how little of it you will use. It’s designed for use on wavy or curly hair to make it straight and de-tangle. I have straight hair but I still tried it to take out tangles. My hair was smooth and sleek.
Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum: This is my first experience with Caudalie. I spend quite a bit of money on natural face products so I was excited to see this. I wish the sample was a little bigger though, it would give more of an opportunity to really try out the product before I would purchase the full size.
Monu Professional Enriched Body Cream: I like the Monu products I have tried so far – all of them have been from Glossy Box! This smells like every other natural body cream so I wouldn’t get too excited. It will come in handy for traveling but my pregnant nose is finding essential oils a bit much these days. My skin is dry so I would expect to get only two full body applications with this size (hotel cosmetics size).
I’m really looking forward to Glossy Box’s May edition as it’s their first birthday this month!
I always get exited about the arrival of Glossy Box each month but when I saw the Valentines box I squeeled with delight (yes, I’m that easily pleased!)
Pink, pink, pink….
The contents did not disappoint!
This month includes:
- Davines Authentic Formulas Moisturizing Balm – full size 150ml. (worth £17.40)
- Davines Authentic Formulas Cleansing Nectar
- Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner – full size (worth £9.50)
- Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer – Dewy (5ml)
- First Aid Beauty Gentle Body Wash (56.7g)
… oh and a yummy Glossy box sweetie, which of course made me smile.
The star of this months box for me has to be the full size Moisturising balm (this couldn’t have come at a better time)…
All of this is a beautiful special edition bright pink box. I’m a happy woman!
You can subscribe to Glossy Box here if you’re interested – Link!
This couldn’t have come at a better time of year
I completely forgot to share my Glossy Box October haul. If you don’t know what Glossy Box is – it’s a subscription service where you pay £10 each month and you are sent a beatiful box with five luxury beauty products. (I have already blogged about it so click on the link if you want to read. Link!)
In October’s box I received three dermalogica products – Multivitamin Thermafoliant, Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque and lip cream. I have never tried any products from the Age Smart range before.
I have already tried these three products. They are gorgeous! I particularly like the scrub. The lip cream is extremely nourishing. I’ll continue to use this at night and I may purchase the full size when it’s gone. I always find it hard to review face masks – it’s hard to tell how well they work, at least for a few days. Even then, if my skin looks great at that stage it could be down to a variety of factors but for now let me say that they mask is lovely to use and my skin felt hydrated afterwards.
I also got Leighton Denny nail polish is Babydoll….
Love this!! It’s creamy, opaque and beautiful of fair skin. Win.
And lastly I received Stila kajal in Moray…
Moray is a rich forest green. I love the Stila liners – creamy, easy to blend but lasts well. The green is still neutral enough to wear on a day to day basis and it’s nice to have a break from black and brown.
I’m happy. Can’t wait til the November Box arrives.
Other Glossy Box posts:
My September Glossy Box arrived last week and I have been dipping into its contents already. By the way, if you haven’t heard of Glossy Box basically you sign up, pay £10 per month and you’re sent a box of five themed goodies each month (link to my blog post).
Here’s a look inside Septembers box…
Here’s a breakdown…
1. Spa Magik Salt Brushing (x2) – These are gorgeous. It was great to exfoliate my skin after my holiday. They smell lemony and refreshing.
2. Plum by Mary Greenwell sample – described as a contemporary chypre, blends top notes of peach, blackcurrant, plum, bergamot and lemon. Harmonious heart notes of Gardenia, tuberose, orange flower absolute, rose absolute and jasmine absolute. Followed by Dry down of woods, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Amber, and White Musks. Unfortunately this one’s not for me.
3. Neal Wolf Glow – This is a gorgeous hair shine spray. It smells beautiful and doubles up as a hair perfume for me. I have used this the most. It doesn’t weigh my hair down and leaves it shiny and smooth.
3. Fruitful Nights by Green People – this is an organic night cream. It left my skin smooth and soft without clogging my pores. Best of all, it’s gunk free.
5. HD Brows – this is a great product, one that I would have gone out and purchased alone. There are 4 shades and a mini angled brush (that’s actually useable). Love.
I’m delighted with my Glossy Box samples this month. Wonder what lies in store for October, love the surprise element. Here’s a link to the site if anyone is interested. (link)