I love, love, love this months GLOSSYBOX. The products are all useful and there are a few that are really gorgeous. Very often I use the sample products as a means to try something new but only a few items have ever really taken my fancy. This month, I love
It’s Spring GlossyBox time. The box is especially pretty this month – thanks to Pearl Lowe. This one is a goody!
This months GlossyBox these is Detox. Perfect for the new year. Here is a little look…
GlossyBox are celebrating their first birthday this month so I was very excited about May’s box. The packaging remains one of my favourite things about GlossyBox and this time they went all out – customised first birthday wrapping paper, ribbon and sticker. There was also a birthday balloon and travel mirror included to celebrate. It made me smile :)
And a little breakdown…
Me, being a 5 year old trapped in an adults body, of course blew up the balloon :) People are taking photos of themselves with their balloon and posting it on Glossybox’s face book page. Fun.
This months box did not disappoint!
Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath & Shower Gel This is the shiner in the box for me! Noble Isle is a new British bath and body brand – nice to get something different. Shower gels are a bit of a dull topic but I knew as soon as I saw this little bottle and read the name that it would be delicious. It smells of Summer! Think I’ll put this one up for my holiday. It’s also bigger than a traditional sample size.
Lolita Lempicka L’Eau en Blanc & Eau de Parfum Both of these are gorgeous. If you like anything by Thierry Mugler you will like these! I usually pass on perfume samples to friends but I will wear both of these. I would even consider buying the full size L’Eau en Blanc.
MURAD Clarifying Mask I like MURAD products and I use them so I’m always happy with samples. This is a natural clay that draws out impurities and absorbs excess oil to control and prevent breakouts
Uniqone All in One Hair Treatment This is a leave-on mask, sounds like something I could benefit from! It’s suitable for daily use too.
Eldora False Eyelashes I used a set of these in a recent tutorial and I love them. They’re soft, flexible and look great.
Competitions and giveaways….
GlossyBox are running a competition this month on their Facebook page to celebrate their 1st Birthday. There are 22 prizes to be won including brands such as Deborah Lippmann, Folli Follie, Clarins and Burt’s Bees. They have also hidden 140 Golden Tickets in their boxes this month. If you find one you can claim a birthday prize.
Happy Birthday Glossybox!!
This month GlossyBox delivered the Harrod’s Edition. I had high expectations for this month’s samples, Harrod’s did not disappoint!
1. Fan di Fendi Eau de Toilette by Fendi – Described as a luminous floral fragrance, radiant with sunlight and leaves a light Roman leather on the skin. I like! It’s chic and sparkling. This is a fairly decent size for a sample, bigger than usual.
2. Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum – This is a highly concentrated serum that restores shine and softness. It’s also weightless, an important quality in hair serum. This is great for the ends of my hair.
3. Clarins Extra Firming Body Cream – Contains regenerating and firming plant extracts which lift and tone skin. This is my first experience of a firming body cream. I’ll be back with a review.
4. Erno Laszlo – The Hollywood Collection: 5 Piece Cream Sampler Set
5. Burberry Beauty – Miniature Lip Cover Rosewood No4 – Soft, satin lipstick that provides moisture and lasts on the lips. This is actually a really nice colour – it’s a few shades darker than my natural lip colour – reminds me of Rachel from Friends :)
Such a fun box this month! I will use everything in it with relish.
You can order this box from GlossyBox. They post to Ireland now too! (*Update – think they might be out of stock, will update if I hear otherwise).
I arrived home from my restful holiday last night and I’m straight back into blogging. I’ve missed chatting about shallow stuff. I came home to an abundance of packages to check out. Fun. One pretty box in particular caught my eye…
I was always intrigued by the idea of receiving a box chock full of products each month that I had no hand in selecting myself. I love buying beauty products but the idea of a box full of surprises makes me smile.
Enter Glossy Box.
Basically, you sign up, pay £10 per month (plus £2.95 shipping), and get a box of five high end product samples each month. I was suckered in after reading their homepage. They ship to the UK and Ireland. My August Box arrived a few weeks ago.
Here’s a goo…
Delicious packaging. It felt like a real treat. A box within a box? J’adore. Ridiculous but true. Ribbons, tissue paper, prettiness…
There is a particular theme each month. Augusts was Wash & Glo: 5 High Performing products for easy-going girls.
Here’s a wee list of what I received…
- Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser
- Ahava Mineral Body Lotion
- Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet Mascara
- KMS California Colorvitality Shine & Shield
- Rebel Nails Nail Wraps
The company also send you a little card with product information which is handy. They also appear to have a product review reward system where you can collect GlossyDots which I will certainly be using.
The surprise element of Glossy Box won’t appeal to everyone but it sure did make me sign up right away. I’m also a sucker for a pretty box :)
Here is a link to the site.
Apologies in advance to those of you who like me, won’t be able to resist.