This was the third Christmas running that I meant to pick up Sephora’s Gllitz & Glam kit whilst in Chicago. The first year I forgot, the second year they were sold out but finally this Christmas I got my hands on one.
If you haven’t heard of this kit it’s basically Sephora’s best selling glitzy products. One look at all that shimmer and highlighting and I was sold!
What’s in the kit? It includes an array of bronze shades and complexion-illuminating products. Not for lovers of matte skin.
- 0.13 oz Benefit High Beam
- 0.12 oz Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow in Pug (smoky pewter)
- 0.02 oz Bare Escentuals bareMinerals All Over Color in Glee (soft mauve plum)
- 0.07 oz Sephora Collection Eye Shadow in Starry Sky 07 (black with silver glitter)
- 0.125 oz Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in Charge It! (opaque metallic 24k gold)
- 0.24 oz Tarte Celebutante Dry Oil Shimmer (champagne)
- 0.07 oz Josie Maran Argan Oil Illuminizer (light bronze)
- 0.10 oz Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Gloss in Paiette (sheer light pink with iridescent shimmer)
- 0.12 oz Ultraflesh Gold Standard Mascara in black
- 0.08 oz Stila Lip Glaze in Vanilla (pearly nude)
And some swatches….
And the swatches…
I am thoroughly enjoying this set. As I said, not one for the matte lovers obviously. The stand-out products for me are the Buxom eyeshadow in Pug, Tarte Celebutante Dry Oil and the Josie Maran Argan Oil Illuminizer. I love Stila Lip Glazes and have quite a few in my collection but I will definitely use Vanilla. The Tarina gloss is so pretty but based on first impressions it reminds me of Victoria Secret Beauty Rush glosses (which I love so no harm). Although this is a sampler kit, there is plenty of product. I would imagine that I may not even get through some of these before the expire.
At $40 this is a complete steal. Don’t be mad that it’s not available in Ireland :) I had a few questions about the kit so I thought I would do this post despite it being a Christmas kit. I have also picked up sephora kits after Christmas on ebay – unwanted gifts I assume. This one is worth a look.
Bring on the disco ball!!