I hate long lasting lipsticks. They’re too drying for me and I never like the finish. If you’re interested in some ways to keep your lip colour on without resorting to long lasting formulas (that often don’t last long at all) here are a few tips:
- Use pencil on top of lipstick. The wax acts like a barrier. Just make sure you blend away the line. I never use a freshly sharpened pencil for this, a rounded one works best.
- Blot a little powder on top to keep the lipstick in place for longer. Less is more in this instance. I like to use a little blush instead of powder for added colour depth. On occasion I have used an eyeshadow.
- Press lip colour into the lips using your finger. This creates a stained satin effect.
- Completely fill in the lips using a lip pencil that is the same colour as your lips. This acts as a base and ensures lipstick stays put for longer. I use Natural Collection Almond pencil all over my lips most days and then I add a little lipstick or gloss to the middle of my lips and smudge. My lip colour usually stays put for longer that way.
- Exfoliate your lips so product doesn’t bond with dry, flaky skin.