Whilst tidying my bathroom shelf I counted not one but three toners. As you can probably guess, I rarely use one. The mantra ‘cleanse, tone & moisturise’ was passed on from my mother at a very young age but I’m afraid to say, I never took heed.
I decided to consider using a toner for a while to see if it improved my complexion in any way. Before doing that I decided to do a little research. It has become clear that toners have multiple benefits:
- Stimulate circulation
- Removes remaining dead skin cells
- Removes gease and oil form the skin
- Refreshes the skin
- Helps to restore the skins natural pH balance
- Can help lessen the appearance of pores
- Toners that contain humectants help prevent the evaporation of moisture from the skin
- Alcohol based astringents dry out oily skin
It is clear that I need to incorporate a toner into my skincare regime.
What are your thoughts on toner?
If like this post, please share :)Tweet