Varicose veins are in my family. As a hairdresser my Mam has spent most days on her feet and this has been a huge issue for her. One of my friends has them too and not only are they painful but they effect her confidence. When she goes shopping the veins effect her choice in clothes. She hates showing her legs, even at the beach.
I know they plague so many of you so I thought I would post a recipe for an easy oil that could help alleviate the swelling. I also have a few other tips that were given to my friends that should help in other ways.
- Eat foods with Anthocyanins to strengthen veins; blueberries, cherries, blackberries, purple grapes.
- Exercise; walking. Contraction of the leg muscles pushes bloods through veins and keeps it from pooling in your legs.
- Eat high fibre foods
- Include spices in your diet, they help breakdown Fibrin, the protein that creates hard lumpy tissue surrounding varicose veins.(garlic, onions, ginger, cayenne
- Take Grapeseed Extract. It’s an antioxidant that strengthens veins and capillaries.
- Horse Chestnut: Improves circulation, reduces inflammation, strengthens capillaries and veins.
Soothing Aromatherapy Oil:
- Reduces swelling of veins and soothes inflammation
- 125ml Distilled Witch Hazel
- 10 Drops Cypress Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Yarrow Essential Oil