I was lucky enough to have access to Yon-ka products as a teenager thanks to the family business but those days are long gone. I loved their products. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the brand – they make botanical based skin care products, most of which have a distinctive essential oil scent.
At my last facial appointment my beautician have me a sample size tube of Creme 15 for Problem Skin to try (I had to use an image from their website as my tester tube is crumpled up). Firstly, let me say that the size of their sample tubes are fantastic. My beautician has given me samples of Dermalogica products (not a fan) before and they come in sachets. How can you try a product once and know it’s for you.
I used Creme 15 on my chin area for 3 weeks – my chin is the only area I break out.
Here are my thoughts on the product:
- It’s very good at spot treating. It takes the redness out and seemed to lessen the life span of my spots.
- It promoted healing. A spot on my chin would heal in 3 days rather than 5.
- It reduces redness of the affected area. I woke up every morning to less angry looking skin.
- It draws out impurities. This is both a good and a bad thing – if I apply the cream all over the area it will fight the spots that are visible but it also will draw out more. This is fine if you get the off spot, drawing out impurities and having clear skin is the goal really. But as any acne sufferer knows, it’s an endless cycle.
- It’s expensive.
- It’s light and absorbs easily. It didn’t leave any residue on my skin. Some people find this cream greasy – I suspect it’s those with over-active sebaceous glands, they may have very oily skin.
- It didn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
- Has a distinct aromatic scent – I’d like to say rosemary-ish and woody but I could be wrong.
The bottom line
It didn’t clear my skin but it did clear spots faster and take down redness.
Would I purchase the full size?
So, not a miracle worker for me but helped take the redness out of my skin and reduce the size of a spot whilst encouraging healing. I would consider purchasing the full size tube. It’s hard to find spot creams that work on sensitive skin so I should probably be delighted that I found this.